Rancocas Friends Meeting
Continuing the Tradition
Visitors are always welcome at the
Rancocas Friends' Meeting and First Day School. First Day School meets every First
Day (Sunday) at 10 a.m., immediately followed by Meeting for Worship. Visitors
are welcomed at either one or both.
The Quaker Meeting may be a new experience
for you. Some helpful information:
- The Meetings are unprogrammed.
- There is no person appointed to preach, no
choir and no collection plate.
- The hour Meeting is dedicated to a cooperative
seeking for the guidance of God.
- Friends gather in silence, quieting the mind and
spirit to center their thoughts in prayer or expectant waiting in a sense of worship.
- The silence is usually broken by a member of the group
rising to give a message or offer a prayer that he feels moved to share.
- All participants have an equal responsibility for this
- It is not necessary to be a member of Friends' Meeting
to speak in the worship service.
- The meeting closes when the person sitting as head of
the meeting shakes hands with the person sitting next to him.
- Others in attendance shake hands with those near them and
the meeting is then closed with this symbol of friendship.
RancocasFriends.org © 2008, D. Galeone
The copyright of all images and materials remains with the creators.